- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3
- 500 g small baby potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer at 185C/370F while you pre-boil your potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and set aside, allowing them to steam off.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, olive oil, dried thyme, dried parsley, garlic granules, salt and black pepper. Mix until well combined and taste, adjust seasoning if needed.
- Line the boiled mini potatoes on a baking tray in one even layer. Using a potato masher or the bottom of a glass cup, press down on each potato until it bursts and flattens (crushed).
- Spray the air fryer basket with a spray cooking oil. Place the crushed/smashed baby potatoes inside the air fryer basket and spoon over each potato a generous amount of seasoned oil, making sure each potato is fully coated.
- Air fry at 185C/370F for 15-18 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top of the potatoes and air fry for an additional 3 minutes, until crispy and golden. Serve hot and enjoy!
How to store
Smashed potatoes are best served fresh and hot, that is when they are the crispiest. To store, place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Microwave: Place your leftover potatoes in a microwave-safe dish and heat on high power for 2-4 minutes, checking and flipping the potatoes halfway.
Air fryer: Place potatoes in the air fryer or in the oven at 180C/370F for 5-6 minutes or until warmed through to your liking.
Oven: Place the potatoes on a lined baking tray, and bake in a preheated oven at 190C/374F for 12-15 minutes until warmed through and crispy.