This ground beef soup recipe is full of vegetables for a satisfying, very easy, and delicious meal to serve any time of the year. Serve with saltine crackers and chunks of sharp cheese.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 35 mins
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 4 carrots, diced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can of peas, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf, or more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ cup water, as needed
- Crumble ground beef into a stockpot over medium-high heat; cook and stir until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Stir in carrots, celery, and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, corn, green beans, undrained peas, tomato sauce, and crushed whole tomatoes. Season with black pepper; add bay leaf and thyme.
Pour in 1/4 cup water if needed, replenishing as needed while cooking.
- Bring soup to a simmer; cover and cook, stirring regularly, until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
per serving 598 calories total fat 20g saturated fat 8g cholesterol 95mg sodium 1153mg total carbohydrate 71g dietary fiber 14g total sugars 19g protein 37g vitamin C 47mg calcium 187mg iron 7mg potassium 2042mg