Perfect tender, delicious meaty steaks with a crispy, crunchy crust right from your air fryer or pressure cooker with broiler settings!
- PREP TIME 10 minutes
- COOK TIME 17 minutes
- RESTING TIME 5 minutes
- TOTAL TIME 32 minutes
- 2 New York strip, filet mignon, ribeye, or similar steaks
- 2 tbsp avocado or other oil with high smoke point
- 1 tbsp steak rub or seasoning
- Let steaks come to room temperature.
- Pat steaks completely dry with a paper towel.
- Drizzle steaks with oil.
- Season well.
- Run air fryer at maximum temp for 5-10 minutes before adding steaks to air fryer to make sure machine is piping hot.
- Set the air fryer timer to 12 minutes at top temp for medium rare (450 for a Ninja, 400 for Instant Pot). If going for medium to well-done steaks, set the timer for 15+ minutes.
- Add steaks and cook for 6 minutes. Flip steaks and cook for an additional 6 minutes.
- Let carryover cook in the machine without opening for 5 minutes.
- Check steak temperature – remove and let rest is done, if you’d like it to gain a little more, leave it in the air fryer longer.
- Let steaks rest on a plate for five minutes after removing them from the air fryer before slicing or serving.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 449
- Total Fat 32g
- Saturated Fat 12g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Unsaturated Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 128mg
- Sodium 177mg
- Carbohydrates 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 37g
More Air Fryer Recipes: