Whip up this French bistro classic in a matter of minutes with the help of your air fryer, chicken breasts and crispy panko breadcrumbs. It’s a simple but impressive dinner for two that’s actually really easy perfect!
- 1 large (about 300g) chicken breast fillet
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 1 egg
- 25g (1/2 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 small bunches cherry truss tomatoes (about 5 on each)
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Garlic herb butter, to serve
- Cut the chicken in half horizontally. Place 1 chicken piece on a piece of plastic wrap and enclose with wrap. Use a rolling pin to beat evenly until 1cm thick. Unwrap the chicken and top with 2 slices of ham, overlapping slightly, then top with 2 slices of cheese. Starting from a short end, roll up the chicken firmly to enclose. (Don’t worry if the ham or cheese pokes out. It doesn’t need to be too neat.) Repeat with the remaining chicken, ham, and cheese to make 2 rolls in total.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate. Coat 1 chicken roll in the flour and shake off the excess. Dip in the egg then in breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to coat. Repeat with the remaining chicken roll, flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Spray the chicken rolls with olive oil. Place in an air fryer basket. Cook at 180°C for 7 minutes. Open the air fryer basket and add the tomatoes to the basket. Cook for a further 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the tomatoes are soft.
- Divide the chicken and tomatoes between serving plates. Serve with green beans topped with garlic and herb butter.